Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with ATI video Driver install

• Please log in to reply

Firedude30

Firedude30

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I recently visited the ATI Technologies website in order to update my ATI video driver.....i downloaded the newest Catalyst Control center with driver and after the install and reboot when i click on the Catalyst Control center icon on my desktop it gives me a "Fatal Execution Error (0x7927e03e)....
what could be causing this error? please help!

Thank you

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you use the cat uninstaller?

Firedude30

Firedude30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I havent done anything yet....what do you suggest i do?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On the download page, just above the downloads there is an option cat uninstaller, download that and then download and save the file you want

Run the cat uninstaller and then run the downloaded file

You need .net framework as well if you haven't already got it

Firedude30

Firedude30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i tried what you said and it still gives me the fatal execution error.....what do i do now??

Firedude30

Firedude30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I just went back to the site and downloaded the driver only, i guess my system for some reason doesnt like the control center.....oh well unless theres anything you can add to help me get the control center to work thanks for all your help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could try an earlier version, ATI say the card is optimised to use the software on the CD supplied with it and you should only update drivers if you need to

Previous versions are listed on the right, though ATI also say to use the cat uninstaller when changing drivers

http://www.filehippo...d_ati_catalyst/