Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Runtime Environment Installation problem.

• Please log in to reply

LilSou

LilSou

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Dear Techs,

Is there any way to Uninstall Java Runtime Environment without using the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel? I have recently had a virus, and the virus deleted a lot of files. I was able to recover most of these files, but not all. My Java files weren't recovered. I can't uninstall Java Runtime Environment via Add / Remove Programs. It tells me this "Fatal Errior during Installation" message when I try uninstalling, I assume the files are missing, or corrupted so it wouldn't run properly.

When I try to reinstall, with the setup file from java.com, it tells me I already have it installed so I can't reinstall it. I can't remove it via Add/Remove Programs, how else can I remove it so the setup would run? I believe the registry files are also missing/corrupted. Is there any way to fix this problem, other than reformatting the entire PC?

Also, when I go into Control Panel, and double click the Java icon, it says "The system cannot find the registry key specified: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.5.0_06". :whistling:

When I go into "C:\Program Files\Java", I see the folders (jre1.5.0_06), but there are no files in either folder. :blink:

If theres anyone out there who is able to help me on this issue, please help. I've tried everything, I've googled a lot of similar problems, but none was able to fix this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance ~ Lilsou.

Advertisements

LilSou

LilSou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I fixed the problem myself. I went and found a program that allows you to uninstall programs without using the Add/Remove Program in Control panel, with that I was able to uninstall the Java Runtime Environment versions, and reinstall them.

The program I used was the Registry Cleaner from Microsoft.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290301