Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

will not turn on

• Please log in to reply

helpme12

helpme12

• Pip
  • 6 posts
a friend of mine's mother has an emachine that kept freezing and she powered it off for maybe 1 day. when i got the pc it wouldn't even turn on. The power supply was changed and still no lights no fans no beeps no nothing. i have removed the memory the modem card the cd and dvd and hd and still no nothing. what next?

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
see if the power switch cables are connected properly

helpme12

helpme12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yes the power cables are seated correctly...i since yesterday changed the mother board because i noted that there was a small amount of damge to the processor....no the computer turns on but after reformatting and partioning and loading the recovery cd's the computer will still not boot from hd...it sayd there is a problem with windows/sys file

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
maybe the hard drive is about to go bust. So there are no bleeps when you turn it on? if so tell us how many. i would give ur hard drive a total format and try installing windows again try it if no luck send some pics of the damage of the processor.