Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Numeric Keypad woes

• Please log in to reply

hodesworthe

hodesworthe

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK guys, I bought a USB Keypad made by E-Power and it works---on my desktop comuter, running WinXP sp1. However, on my notebook, brand new with sp2, all the keys work correctly EXCEPT the numbers (<esc>,/,*,-,+,<delete>, and <enter>). I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver, copying the driver file from my desktop computer and replacing the one on the notebook, searching online, rolling back the driver, you get the idea... The file is usbccgp.sys. The model number on the keypad is HTK-101U. Any ideas? Why would this work on my old computer and not my newer one? As a side note, the dialog box that comes up on my desktop says that the software hasn't passed Windows logo testing. I have to choose to install anyways. On my notebook, I don't even get a dialog box... :whistling:

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Drivers for keyboards are fragile and problematic. Do you really need the driver at all ? Try unloading the driver and testing the keypad keys without it.

Does your keyboard have an "F-Lock" key (or something similar) on it ? If so, try pushing it once to see if the keypad works then. If not then push F-Lock once more to return the keyboard to its original state.