Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Shortcuts

• Please log in to reply

Prof. M

Prof. M

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok, I know that there are a lot of shortcuts that you can use on Windows and other systems like Ctrl-C and things like that. I was just wondering out of curiosity if there's a way to select specific links on a web page without a mouse by the name of the link (not the url it goes to). I know that you can use Tab to select links, but that indiscriminately selects things in order from top of the page to the bottom and takes far too long. Is there any shortcut that can do what I want?

Edited by Prof. M, 27 April 2006 - 02:44 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if i understand you correctly..then no....to make sure i understand you correctly..

you go to a webpage with let's say 12 hyperlinks...labled a, b, c, d, and so on

you want a shortcut to click on link c without a mouse...correct?

if that's the case then no

Prof. M

Prof. M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

if i understand you correctly..then no....to make sure i understand you correctly..

you go to a webpage with let's say 12 hyperlinks...labled a, b, c, d, and so on

you want a shortcut to click on link c without a mouse...correct?

if that's the case then no

Yes, you have it right. It's too bad that there isn't a shortcut that will do that because it'd definitely be handy. I guess I can live with the Ctrl-F and Tab buttons for now. Also, is there a way to select icons on the desktop when one isn't automatically selected at startup (without a mouse)?

Edited by Prof. M, 27 April 2006 - 02:54 PM.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
These special keystrokes are called "hotkeys", not shortcuts. Shortcuts are files on the HDD that contain a destination such as a URL or another file.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i think the OP meant shortcuts as in an easier way to do it...not as in a shortcut on the desktop...not all "shortcuts" in windows are hotkeys