Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 bug means I get certain identical emails every few second

• Please log in to reply

Azam.com

Azam.com

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2.

I have been a member of many forums for years, but have never had this problem. I keep getting a message every few seconds that there has been a post on one of the threads I subscribed to and it has been like this for weeks. See this screenshot for an example:

Posted Image

All emails have the same sent time, so they appear together, below more recent emails, in my Outlook inbox.

This is happening from two seperate forums, so it is not a problem with the forums. I have tried everything, including unsubscribing to the forum emails, changing my email address at the forums, blocking all emails from the forums in questions with my email provider etc. etc.

The problem is obviously with Outlook. Anybody got an idea why I'm getting the identical emails every few seconds?

I've tried 'fixing' Outlook in control panel, but can't do so because of some apparent missing files.

It's extremely annoying that, whenever I check my email, there are dozens of identical emails.

Thanks a million.

Advertisements