Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which is better, 256 X1300 PRO or 512 X1300?

• Please log in to reply

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I played BF2 on an X1300 512 AMD sempron 1.8GHz 1.25 GB ram, an then played on 2.8GHz Pentium D Dual Core with 256 X1300 Pro, 1GB ram, and on the pro, i dont run as high settings. How can this be? Does the video memory really make that much difference?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It can yes, BF2 loves ram.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

It can yes, BF2 loves ram.

So you reccomend I use the 512MB X1300 instead of the 256MB Pro?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if the 512uses DDR1 then no i would use the pro but if its ddr2 youm could get away with it, you really arent going to get a big difference between them they are both slow cards.

Buddy if this is your gaming machine for a £1000 i would return whoever sold you it seriously ripped you off, a non gaming CPU and a really basic non gaming graphics card 1300 are way slow they are meant to replace integrated on systems where people need things like VIVO and dx9 of a proper card but dont need alot of power.

I can build your base unit of that PC for about £500 and thats with a very good case as well a generic one would cost less, and its using good corsair ram.

Edited by warriorscot, 28 April 2006 - 05:26 AM.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I don't know what it uses. DDR 1 or 2. I didn't buy it as a gaming PC, but I bought it becasue it has the potential to be a gaming PC.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
All PCs have the potential to be a gaming PC, but for a £1000 you havent gotten a good deal for anykind of PC like that unless you got a £500 monitor with it you got a bad deal. Its potential isnt that great if i was buying something to have potential gaming pc i would have went down to lidl or aldi and got one of there £500-600 pound AMD 3700+ sandiego NF4 rigs as they are allready respectable gamers. And offer good upgrade potential.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Well my monitor alone would cost £250-£300

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Closer to £200, who did you buy it from anyway.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
PC World. Why. I know they are a rip off if thats what your going to say.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol Big aye on PCworld rip off you should have just burned your money at the counter in that shop, lol. Its hilarious last time i went in there they were charging 120 squid for 80Gb hard drives(old models as well) at the same time i bought a 200 for 60, lol. I thought it was a smaller shop or retialer its good to keep track of them so we can tell users to avoid them.

Advertisements

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
So, oh great WarriorScot, please impart your wisdom on us, and tell us, where do you shop???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The internet. Ebuyer, overclockers, Scan, Amazon, occasionally lidl they have great deals sometimes.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
RIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Also, whre can I get some good ATi OC software. All the ones i have tried are really crappy.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Use ATI tool its in my sig its the best.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I use radlink its pretty gd dont even no its running lol all you do is set the speed and it loads them on startup. Ebuyer is a good place to get pc parts I always get mine from there like warriorscot said PC World rip you off and also if you go and buy a new pc they say [bleep] like "You wont be able to get CD-ROMs anymore because there all moving to DVD-ROM" which it hasnt yet! and they said that like 3 years ago when i got my old pc lol. I would get the X1300 512 as you can just overclock it to pro speeds.