Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

distortion driving me crazy

• Please log in to reply

colsasice_79

colsasice_79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ok, so i know my computer should be ok even if i hae a lot of programs running, but it isn't. I still have problems, music is still distorted and i cannot even watch any of my video files. Please take a look at my Hijackthis file and let me know if there is anything that i can do to stop this.

much appreciated.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi colsasice_79!

You are doing a classic example of what we refer to at my work as protecting yourself to death. Just from your HJT log, I can see you have at least 2 firewalls running (and possibly 3 if Windows firewall is on). You also have four spyware protection programs running (Windows Defender, Ewido, Spyware Guard and Trojan Hunter). All these running have to be killing not only your processor speed but also the amount of available memory (RAM) on your computer. Please hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the TASK MANAGER. In the new window that appears, click on the PERFORMANCE TAB. Watch the CPU USAGE percentage for about 30 seconds and post the average cpu usage. You don't have to get out a pen & paper and be exact, just give a good estimate by what you are seeing. Also I would like you to tell me the numbers next to TOTAL and AVAILABLE under PHYSICAL MEMORY (K).

Please post all of the above information in your next post and we will go from there.

Fenor

colsasice_79

colsasice_79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I actually went a bit crazy with the protection after this started to happen to my comp. i thougt that i did not have enough.
Anyway about an average of 55 peaking quite often and then dropping to 12% or so.

As for the physical memory
Total is 523056
Available is 75288

thanks for your help

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Let's first let your topic in the Malware Forum be concluded before we continue on with this topic. Once you are given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please repost back in this topic and we will continue on.

Fenor