Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are you enjoying a good book

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"...hi, I posted a thread about reading stuff from the Internet recently got some good links there, but since I will be going into the city of Exeter in a few days time I thought I would buy a book to read so I am all ears..." said the goblin.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I like David Gemmel for good pick up and reads they arent anything spectacular but they are enjoyabe, think the latest one is set in troy.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I am halfway into John Irving's "Until I find you". If you've not read Irving before, read "The World According to Garp" to start. John Irving is just a good storyteller.

The local library had a book swap last week, and I got a copy of Leonard & William Safire's "Good Advice", an anthology of quotations. He is the "On Language" columnist for the NYT, and any of his books are fascinating reads. The English language is fascinating from its historical context and its flexibility to be precise, even when it is necessary to [bleep]ize words from other languages. Linguists are studying the effects of the internet and the chat lingo/ text msg on how we write and communicate IRL.

I hope you have a good visit in Exeter. Do you have a laptop, or will you be offline?

Johanna

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Really good book that teaches you about life

(CAUTION- OLD)
The Sea Wolf(1914)
By Jack London

You can get it for free on the 'net(It's released to the public for free) but I'd highly recommend getting the book from the library. Reading it on the 'net is just not the same...

Also try- The adventures of Tom Sawyer
Good Earth
The Call of the Wild
White Fang

Yesiammanu :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
For a "different" read, try the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. The first in the series is "The Gunslinger". There are 7 books in the series written over a twenty-five year period. It's a good read if you're into a strange and somewhat magical journey.