Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer Back Link lost

• Please log in to reply

DennConn

DennConn

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
In Internet Explorer, when I try to link to another site I lose the origional site I was in. I link to the new site, but lose the window and the origional site and can't use the back button. This is extremly frustrating when i want to visit several of the product sites listed on a web site, and every time I click on a site, I go to the site, but can't get back unless I open the browser again and find where I was at.

Is there a setting that helps me not lose the origional home page, or site? especially when linking to an imbedded site in the origional page.

Help

Denny

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
not sure if i compleatly understand your problem however, when clicking on a link try right clicking (the link) and then left clicking on a "open in a new" window.
thanx
James

DennConn

DennConn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
James,
That does work to open a new window. Thanks for the idea. I was a bit frustrated.

I am not sure why some companies are doing this. When i am in a window...and there are several links that point to a product or item I want to look at. I click on that link, and It closes my origional window, and takes me to the link. I always go to the link, but lose the origional window. It doesn't happen all of the time, but seems to me that the origional site would want you to come back or do a back link if you wanted to look at more products or links. Some times I have to go back and search for the origional site and start again. Frustrating...

I will use your idea from now on. Thanks a lot.

Denny

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not going to claim to have a clue as to what's wrong here (i do understand your problem..but no clue for the cause)...could you post a link to a site that you know does this? so we can see if it's just you...or if it's something that the site is doing?