Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pictures not displaying online

• Please log in to reply

Fredtt

Fredtt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I go to some sites (usedmotorhome.com in particular) the pictures do not show on my Toshiba Satellite P50. When I go there with my IBM Thinkpad it is fine and both computers have the same version of browsers. On the Toshiba I have Windows XP Home Edition and used three different browsers. The latest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. So I don't think it is the setting on the browser.

I also have two vertical lines in the middle of the screen that are always there. They are about an eighth of an inch apart. They appeared about a week after have the bcklight invertor replaced.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

I don't think the problem is going to be the video card (or any other hardware). You're right that it seems unlikely to be the browser settings if all three browsers are doing the same thing.

I suspect the problem is with your antivirus software or firewall. Can you tell me which AV & Firewall you have installed please?

Fredtt

Fredtt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Norton AV and firewall personal edition.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
This may be caused by a conflict between IE6 & Norton in that case. The easiest thing to do, assuming you have the CD to re-install Norton with (AV+Firewall), is to uninstall Norton, reboot, then re-install.

If you can check whether web pages are displaying images correctly just before you re-install Norton, then this will help confirm that Norton is the cause.