Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook Help

• Please log in to reply

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi,

In Microsoft Outlook 2003 how do I get Outlook to start in the Inbox when I first open Outlook? Also is there a way I can set Outlook to check mail every 5-10 mins etc?

Thanks

Andrew

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Open outlook. Go to tools/options. Click on the other tab. In general click on the advanced options button. In general set startup to inbox. Ok out of everything.

Again under tools'options in the mail delevery tab,put a checkmark in "check for new messages every __ Minutes. Put the minutes in the blank space( use the arrow button or highlight with a click and mouse movement).

SRX660

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi,

It work the other problem im getting it £ in emails come up as # any ideas?

Andrew

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Check to see what currency you have set on your computer. It should be set to English(British) to be able to show the £ sign. This is in "regonal and Language settings" in XP.

SRX660