Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

4 speakers mode was working and then stopped

• Please log in to reply

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Last month I was able to connect 4 speakers to my computer via the front line in (blue port) and the rear line out (green port). The other day I tried to connect it with the help of Multi channel sound manager ( I used it last month too), but I only received sound from the speakers connected to the rear line out (green port).

I then connected the speakers (the ones that didn't work to see if theyre faulty) into the green line out port and the speakers worked so the speakers aren't faulty.

I have another blue line in port at the rear of my pc and so I tried that and it also didin't work. So i think something wrong with all the audio line in ports on my pc.

The audio drivers I use are Realtek AC'97 Audio version: 5.10.0.5730

Could the problem be software related because I recently installed Directx 9.0c and if it what can I do?

If its hardware what could actually be causing the problem and how could i fix it?

P.s is it correct To connect four speakers (2 sets of 2 speaker) is it correct connecting rear speakers to the blue line in port and front speakers in Line out green port

Anyway thanks in advance
japstar :whistling:

Advertisements

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I tried my speakers again and it still didn't work. PLease can someone help me because I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :blink:

:help: Japstar

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Ive done everything I can but still no soung. Can someone please help me?

Japstar :yes: :blink: :whistling: :help: :) :woot: :woot: :woot:

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
The problem has been solved!!!

I took out all the plugs as well as those inside the case and reconnected em.

I also went to Realtek website and downloaded latest drivers.

Now ive got four speaker mode working, but ive got on port that has to be repaired as it is faulty.

Im happy cos i got 4 speaker mode workin again.

Hope this helps others.

TO MODERATOR: This thread can be closed as my problem has been solved.