Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Web Questions

• Please log in to reply

Neosovereign

Neosovereign

• Pip
  • 4 posts
For the Robotics Team at my school I am creating a site.
What I'm going for is to create a good template that can be used each year anc customized to fit each specific contest that comes up.
The old site is: Here
As you can see, its not very good, and is way to contest specific(each contest is different, requireing a different robot)
I need some Ideas on what to do.

}~~~I'm also creating my own site, the problem is that I don't know what to make as the main point, I know some content, (firefox related stuff come here) but I don't know a good topic to use I like Gaming(Nintendo, Zelda specifically) and Anime, I'm pretty computer literate, but I just can't figure out what to do. Plus I would like additional content to add...

Help greatly appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
I doubt anyone can help you with creativity. brainstorm! That's the only way I finally found out how to call my web design company

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Brainstorm is a good way to do things.

Ive recently just finished my css design site which is www.allsortshop.com and its made with css and looks great!

Templates are easy to make. Have a look around at all different websites and have a look at some of their designs so then you can make your own design up.

:whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I wouldn't give your website too much cred Allsort haha, kidding man. But Going intog graphic design come fall and currently taking 3 art classes, I can tell you some things to make your website even better:
-Tone down some of the colors: Orange on blue doesn't work well (hard to read) but otherwise, just soften some, make it easier on the eyes :whistling:
-Most of the links give you a URL error, are you aware of this?

As for you Neo, creativity can't be taught. You experiment and see what looks good and what looks like crap, all experimentation. A website is visually apealing if:
-Text is easy to read/there aren't pages of solid text, nobody will read it
-Colors are soft/not too distracting from what the viewer should be looking at
-Links that go places, or at least "Coming Soon!" not just blank pages with nothing

Try out some stuff and post up a link!

Edited by BlackPandemic, 06 May 2006 - 11:13 PM.

Neosovereign

Neosovereign

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
*I'll check on the links...

I didn't create the Robotics Website that exists right now. I'm creating a new on right now for the next contest.