Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need HELP transfering pics from cell phone to pc

• Please log in to reply

SuesAccount

SuesAccount

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a problem with my sony ericsson z520a.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got the dcu-60 cable and downloaded the software from sony: pc suite/drivers/scripts etc. when i click on the file manager, it comes up and says "not connected". so I called sony on six different occasions yesterday and all they told me was to uninstall it all, disable antivirus/firewall software, install it and it should work, it didnt . then another guy told me to check the ports that its on. in the device manager under ports the sony shows up on ports 6/7. on the phone modem it shows up on ports 4/5. the ports are enabled and seem to be working right, so what the heck is going wrong? the sony guys didnt have a clue and they refered me to another sister company of theirs where it will cost me $45.00 to find out what the right answer is. I am ticked off. please, someone here, can you tell me something I might not have done to get the pics from my phone to my pc?????????????
It seems like i can send pics from my pc to the phone, but not the other way around. the tech guy said it sounds like a communication error, but i have no idea what that is. What are the comm ports and if I plug the cable into a port, does it need to be the exact port that it shows where the hardware should be? ex: if it says its on com 7, where is com 7 and should the cable be plugged into it for it to work?
thanks for your help.
if you have any other questions, just ask.
sue

Advertisements