Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 SP1 removed NIC connections and IIS won't start

• Please log in to reply

brk2000

brk2000

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
HELP PLEASE!!!! I need to get my Exchange Server 2003 back up and running before tomorrow morning.

Everything was working fine. I decided to finally update Windows Server 2003 to SP1. After the reboot from the update, I have lost my local network connection and IIS won't start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Edited by brk2000, 01 May 2006 - 04:51 PM.

Advertisements

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi, did you check for driver conflict, do you have internet connection?

brk2000

brk2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I actually was able to resolve the issue by way of something I read on the internet. Apparently, after the upgrade to Windows 2003 SP1, 2 services get affected. One is the Remote Procedure Call (RPC). The RPC logon gets changed from Local to another specified account. This has to be changed back to Local. Also, the Network Connections Service has to be changed, too. Both these should be started Automatically and not Manually. After I made these changes and rebooted the server, my network connections came back fine and everything was working as it should. Thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate that you took the time to respond.

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Cool no problem.