Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Regedit problem

• Please log in to reply

mm_akash

mm_akash

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dear All,
This is Akash. After long time i m here. Anyway My buddies, I am in problem about regedit. When i pur the commean "regedit" in run box. It doesn't come. It shows a msg window like disable by administrator. Now Can anyone hlep me ? How could i use regedit ?

Thanks ..waiting for all of your prompt reply with solution.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Are you logged on to your PC under an Administrative Account or an account that has Admin. privileges?

If you are, and can't access regedit it could be a problem with registry permissions. I had a similar problem where I wasn't allowed into certain files even though I am the Administrator.

Due to several reasons, permissions can get all out of whack.

Download "Dial-a-fix" v0.57.7 - can be found here: http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

If you are using XP download the medium version.

Run the "Repair Permissions" feature under "tools".

It takes a little while to complete it's mission.

I found it to work well for me. I was able to access files I couldn't before, and some programs I was having trouble with worked like they should.

Hope it works for you.

mm_akash

mm_akash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dear Knith,
Ohh my God...Thanks a lot my dude. Hope it will work. Actually I am in my office now. I have to check in other pc. so I will let you know whether it is working or not. But I am confident that it must work.However unlimited thanks to you.

Be well my dude.
Akash