Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flopy drive seek failure. [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

bongboni

bongboni

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi,
one of my friend is facing some trouble with his computer. hope u can help.
He has a dell computer with win xp operating system. He is getting a error message floppy drive seek failure, although he doesn't hav a floppy drive in his system! his floppy drive is also disabled in the system setup. We hav checked the startup too. if we try to run any diag, it says "press f1 to retry and f2 to enter setup." When we press f2 it enters setup. but the computer never boots to windows.
can anyone help??

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Go in to bios make sure the first boot device is not set to floppy, change to

1st cdr
2nd hdd

Even though the computer has no floppy the bios will check for one if it is selected first and could give you a error and not procedd on to the next boot device.

Rick

bongboni

bongboni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thnks rick. u were really helpful. and it worked. Hope to get help from u in future.

regards.
bboni

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome, any time I can be of help I will sure try.

Rick