Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I record my system audio to wav?

• Please log in to reply

laurieirvine

laurieirvine

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi

i DJ from my laptop using Traktor 2.0 and i am having problems recording my mixes - i have been using the onboard recorder but after finding that it tends to start cutting out after 45 mins i have been advised to use an external program like soundforge (i have version 6.0). however, i cannot find an option for recording the system audio anywhere. am i missing something or should i be using another program?? ive heard its possible with cool edit but once again i couldnt get it to work.

my machine is an packard bell running an athlon 2600+ processor with 1024mb ram (i upgraded to 1024mb specifically in order to fix this problem, but it hasnt helped much). i use an echo indigo pcmcia digital soundcard with 2 stereo outputs (one for main mix one for headphones).

any help would be much appreciated.

laurie

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the programme set to use the onboard sound as the source, does it have a what you hear option

laurieirvine

laurieirvine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
not that i can see. using help to search for those terms doesnt give any results either.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, sounds, speech and audio, sounds and audio, on the audio tab check which device is set for recording

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Indeed, like keith said. I have cool edit pro version 2.1 , and in order to record my system audio instead of my mic, I have to go into my sound control, to the recording panel, and select the MONO OUT

After that, the program records every sound made by the computer, not through the mic.

laurieirvine

laurieirvine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
cheers for your help guys, but unfortunately i cant find that option in my recording panel. however, all is well because i have bought a little program called total recorder which i think is the solution to my problems.

thanks again,

laurie