Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 technical problem

• Please log in to reply

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have just bought call of duty 2 and installed it, I am not trying to play the game and I am having a bit of a problem, I keep getting this message and it will not load up.

Video card or driver does not support alpha blending

I dont know much about this side of the computer world and could do with a little bit of help, I think my graphics card is a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
but I am not 100% sure on that either, can anyone help me on how to check what my graphics card is then help to rectify my problem of starting this game and getting past this alpha blending problem

Thanks in advance...
Steve

Advertisements

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Your video card looks like it doesn't support what COD2 is required to run on..

http://www.geekstogo...ecs-t82284.html

To find out what type of Video card you have

Ok please close all other programs. Please follow these instructions. right click On your desktop>properties>settings and under display it will display your video card.

Please write it down so we know the exact card.

~Burton

Edited by Burton1, 03 May 2006 - 10:03 AM.

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the quick reply, i can confirm the card i mentioned is the currect video card, isnt there any drivers i can try to use to rectify my problem? instead of going straight out and buying a new video card? I hear if u update your driver or something it might work,

please let me know, thanks.

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Can you confirm that you are running Windows XP?

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_84.21.html

Your video card is TNT2 type. So that link above should work. That is the latest update for Nvida Drivers. Please read all instructions on how to install the new Driver.

Edited by Burton1, 03 May 2006 - 10:15 AM.

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes i am deffinatley using xp operating system

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Please read my above post. I updated it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The card isnt on the list which means that the game wont let itself play on it usually(its one of those games that is picky), that and the card is so slow that it would mean the game is almost unplayable. A driver update wouldnt help you as they havent released a new driver for that card in a few years now.

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am downloading it and giving it a try, its looking grim but fingers crossed anyhow.

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

The card isnt on the list which means that the game wont let itself play on it usually(its one of those games that is picky), that and the card is so slow that it would mean the game is almost unplayable. A driver update wouldnt help you as they havent released a new driver for that card in a few years now.

Im just wondering when I went to the site and i choose graphics card>GeForce And TNT2, wouldn't that be an update for one of his cards.

But yes that card is way out of date I never heard of it. I think it only has 64MB of Video Memory.

If you do decide to by a new Video Card make sure that your MotherBoard can handle it and make sure that is 128MB or 256MB of Video Memory.

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
If it doesnt work can anyone of you suggest the cheapest solution that will give decent game play but at a good price?

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
*edited*

Edited by Burton1, 03 May 2006 - 10:22 AM.

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well this driver is nearly downloaded, il try it, if no luck then i am gonna ask daddy to get a better card, if no il take the game back lol...

stevemcgee2006

stevemcgee2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The NVIDIA Setup programme could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware, setup will now exit.

Does this mean that my card must be v.poor?