Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

MS media player 10

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I agther DVDs will only play in MP10 if additional software is installed. Is there free software to allow this? If so where to get hold of it please!!

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
:tazz: hi ya ....

yep in order to play a dvd you have to have two things ...one is obvious lol a dvd player ...the second a little bit tricker to lay your hands on...a mpeg2 codec ....most dvd formats are in mpeg2 and while you maybe able to get a mpeg2 codec from www.microsoft.com/downloads this sometimes is troublesome ...one way around this is to buy some recognised dvd playing software (personally i use powerdvd which is in my opinion excellent) which seems better suited to playing a whole range of dvd movies ...but try the windows site i mention above and look for codec packs

hope this helps ;)