Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin Router Idle Settings

• Please log in to reply

DavidAHunt

DavidAHunt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello, i have a belkin 802.11g wireless router, version F5D7230-4, Firmware Version 4.05.03 and NTL is my ISP (10 meg cable).

The problem i am having with the router, if it is the router, is the fact that if i leave downloads going over night such as some huge game patches, by the time i wake up in the morning i will found that i have completely been disconnected, the file wont of been completed and it will take some time to let me fully browse and use the internet again again (most of the time i have to reset it), i take it that this is something to do with the router turning itself 'idle' after a certain amount of time, if im correct here how may i go about changing this? thanks in advance

Edit: I have 128bit WEP security on if this is any help. Also, i do know how to access the router settings themselves, but within i dont seem to be able to find anything about the routers idling settings.

Edited by DavidAHunt, 03 May 2006 - 02:09 PM.

Advertisements

jflores

jflores

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, i have the same router. There is no Idle setting. The problem might be the WEP encryption. I had problems with that as well... the connection would just drop after a while. Try using WPA instead.

DavidAHunt

DavidAHunt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you very much for the answer jflores, my friend mentioned something along these lines but i just wasn't sure, ill try it out ASAP!