Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Active x alert on website

• Please log in to reply

ruger22com

ruger22com

• Pip
  • 5 posts
On a website I run ( http://gulfcoastmasons.com ) everytime I open my main page, I get a windows box that asks: "click to run active X control on this website"
This is very annoying. Is there a code I can alter or add that would eliminate this box popping up?
it only pops up in two of four of my computers, so I suspect it is a security measure, which I would rather not decrease. Does a javascript or something similar exist that I could add to my html that would eliminate this pop up from happening?

Thanks guys! :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check your security settings for ActiveX control in the browser under Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button. You may have some boxes checked for "Prompt'. Compare settings to ones on PC that don't give you this pop-up box if unsure which ones you need to check/uncheck. I like being notified myself.

Ron