Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new network slowed net way down..kinda

• Please log in to reply

ruger22com

ruger22com

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a a small home network with 3 computers: a fast sony vaio pc....a fairly fast non-brand pc...and a very FAST dell laptop wifi....all connected to comcast cable internet.

I had a hardwire (linksys router) system, but with the addition of the wifi laptop I decided to swap my router for a wireless system.

so the vaio and generic pc are still hardwired to the new wireless router, and the wireless router is set-up secured so only my dell can access its signal via wifi.

Now for my strange problem. everything works...but while my wifi dell laptop always runs at the speed of light on the internet, my hardwired internet computers seem to run slow and get bogged down quite a bit and many times simply cannot find a page (like the cable internet is cutting on and off) (They did not used to do this when only a hardwired network system existed).

any ideas?

Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements