Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

davidpotter

davidpotter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
While trying to insert a file in an e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2003, the program seems to "hang up" and quits responding. The default directory (in my case word documents) pops up but it will not let you look in other directories (such as in my excel folders, pictures, etc). I can go to the document I want to attach first and use the send to and it will open up my e-mail editor with the attachment included.
I use to be able to click on the drop down arrows to search anywhere on my drive to attach a file. I've tried to use the repair feature on Microsoft Outlook help icon but it still hasn't changed anything.
David

Advertisements

CAH

CAH

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Here is a link for help.
Microsoft has created this problem.
Unfortunately, I tried all the fixes and it didn't fix my office 2000, but our computer with
office 2003 works now.

After you install security update MS06-015 (908531)
(http://www.microsoft..../ms06-015.mspx, you may experience one of more of the following issues:
• Unable to access special folders like "My Documents" or "My Pictures".
• Microsoft Office applications may stop responding when you attempt to save or open Office files in the "My Documents" folder.
• Office files in the "My Documents" folder are not able to open in Microsoft Office.
• Opening a file through an application's File / Open menu causes the program to stop responding.
• Typing an address into Internet Explorer’s address bar has no effect.
• Right-clicking on a file and selecting Send To has no effect.
• Clicking on the plus (+) sign beside a folder in Windows Explorer has no effect.
• Some third-party applications stop responding when opening or saving data in the “My Documents” folder

Follow the instructions in the following link to fix the problem.

http://support.micro....aspx/kb/918165?

This is from the techguy.com forums