Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime causes internet explorer to crash !

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I watch a lot of movie trailers very frequently from www.apple.com/trailers. The only problem is, when I try to view many trailers at once, all the internet explorer windows stop responding. I go to task manager & it shows that those internet explorer windows are not responding & then I have to forcefully 'end now' which causes 'all' the internet explorer windows to close. When I view just a trailer one by one it works perfectly fine. Is there anyone else having this problem as well ? Anyone been able to find a solution to it ? I am using Windows XP Home Edition SP2 & use internet explorer to browse the web. I have already tried reinstalling quicktime & internet explorer, didn't help.
Help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
I could be wrong but i stronly believe that its just the fact that your computer is not up to the challenge and might be an overload of information. I for one can also just watch one movie at a time. But who really needs to watch 2 at a time. I understand that you want to download the information of the video all at once but as i had posted earlier, your computer probably isn't up to the challenge of all the incoming information, this is something that we (me to) have to get used to as out computer get older.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 05 May 2006 - 03:54 PM.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Ok, let me give you my pc specs & you can compare them to yours.
Pentium 4 3.00GHz with HT
1.5GB Ram
128MB GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
80GB SATA HDD 7200RPM
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

How do these specs compare to your computers specs ?

Edited by manu08, 05 May 2006 - 04:08 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lol ok i doubt that what i said is the case. Lets just say i have.......1/2 that power in some cases less. I'll look on the internet and see what i can find on this issue as hardware issues shouldn't be a case here.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 05 May 2006 - 05:37 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What version of quicktime are you using?
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 05 May 2006 - 05:41 PM.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I am using Quicktime 7.0.4. I already checked for updates & it said I have the latest software. I don't think it's something specific to do with my computer to be honest because even one of my friends computers this problem seems to happen. His specs are,
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
1.00 GB Ram
128MB GeForce FX
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS

So I'm guessing there has to be some option in windows or internet explorer that I possibly need to change in order to allow quicktime to work perfectly fine. Anyway pls let me know if you come up with anything.
Thank You