Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updating Soundmax digital audio driver

• Please log in to reply

Purplehaze21

Purplehaze21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I checked your link and I have no CD for soundblasters or Santacruz that I can find (Its not with the rest of the CDs that came with my comp anyway. I downloaded the Integrated ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver version A08 from dell (from 2003) which seemed to have installed and is working fine. The ADI 198x Integrated Audio version A22 driver which I found a link to from these forums and was from 2005 is apparently not supported be Dimension 8250 (according to the text when you click the install file). The install file and presentation looks exactly the same though, both say soundmax, both are from the same company. Why would one work but not the more recent one? I am going to attach both files to this post, one that worked (from 2003) and one that wont (from 2005) if you could shed any more light on this for me I would appreciate it.

Edited by Purplehaze21, 06 May 2006 - 03:27 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Further down the page it shows how to check on the back of the PC for the type of soundcard, if you have onboard then you have the correct driver

Some programmes are configured to work with certain drivers, and they wouldn't necessarily keep updating this