Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag Problems

• Please log in to reply

Mr_Maverick

Mr_Maverick

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, I just dont know know what more I have to do to stop this game lagging! The game is C&C Generals, Zero Hour. With my new graphics card, I can turn the settings down, and the game runs quite quick to start off with, but then lags to buggery as more units and builings are built. I play it often over our home network with my Dad, and again, it runs really smooth until it just suddenly hits a point where it becomes unplayable due to the lag. What in the world do we have to do to get rid of the problem? Or..Is Generals just a game where you have to learn to live with really [bleep] lag, lol...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ... and please don't tell me I need a better graphics card.. This one has its own cooling fan FFS! It owns! haha..

Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisements

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yeah you definantly have a good enough computer maybe it is just the game does it lag on multiplayer only or just single player? If only on multiplayer it's just your connection to the server try making your own server and see if it lags when you build more unit.But i'm really not sure.Hope this helps :whistling:

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Certain games limit multiplayer speeds to the slowest computer in the game, so if your dad's PC is a lot slower than yours, that could be the source of your issue.

Mr_Maverick

Mr_Maverick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah, I thought It may have something to do with his PC, he only has a basic video card on a Pentium 2.4, with 512MB Ram.... However... It does it on my pc also when just doing single player skirmishes!? What the...?! I read somewhere that somtimes if your video acceleration is turned up to high, this can cause lag in some games. Does this sound legit? I might have to turn it down to maybe 75% and see what happens. Otherwise am i just going to have to deal with it i spose.. :whistling: unless anyone else has some ideas..

Thanks guys!