Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Steven90

Steven90

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Right I spilt milk on my keyboard and some buttons dont work am using a laptop is it someway the buttons can be fixed or cleaned or if its completly broke can I get new buttons installed and if so how much will it be? I'd perfer to fix or clean them in someway.

Thanks
Steven

Advertisements

Steven90

Steven90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
please help

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
There's a good chance that the keyboard will have to be replaced.

Steven90

Steven90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
some buttons now work any tips to fix the rest

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First off, patience is necessary here, relax and they'll get to it :whistling: They always do

Second, I was going to agree with Chop but since some buttons came back maybe you just need a good ole burst of canned air to the sucka. The liquids can really screw with the electronics so if those don't come back it will have to be replaced.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.computing...imple/keyboard/ this seems a fairly good little guide, if cleaning them out doesnt work im afraid you will probabl have to get a new keyboard for it.

If all that is broken after spilling liquid on a laptop then count yourself lucky its often a death sentence for laptops.