Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

each time i open MY COMPUTER, an acrobat installer pops up!

• Please log in to reply

drew_erin

drew_erin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This is my first time to post here and im hopeful to get some relevant replies regarding my problem. I have this problem wherein each time i click to open MY COMPUTER or any other folder on my pc, an acrobat installer appears :blink: so i have to cancel thE acrobat installer all the time and after that the contents of MY COMPUTER opens. I dont know if this is due to some kind of a virus in my computer...sad to say i have unistalled my antivirus software on my PC. Does installig another antivirus solve this or do i have to reformat my computer in order to avoid that annoying thing :whistling: . .please help

Edited by drew_erin, 08 May 2006 - 11:43 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this the version you have

http://filehippo.com...acrobat_reader/

Have you tried letting it install what it wants? Or at least seeing what it wants to install

drew_erin

drew_erin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it wants to install acrobat reader on my computer but i have already installed acrobat reader 7.0 on my computer and ive been already using that application. I dont know why it just keeps popping up evrytime i open my computer or other windows applications thats why i keep hitting cancel all the time.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Adobe Reader, click help / check for updates

Or

Let the installer run, it should not run after this

Or

Uninstall it and then re-install it

drew_erin

drew_erin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have followed your third advice and it works. Thanks a lot. I have already uninstalled adobe reader on my PC and after that theres no more annoying acrobat installer appearing.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know