Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some type of spyware in firefox

• Please log in to reply

Void

Void

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every few minutes, a website opens (its called Jimbutt) and says all this stuff how I need to fix the spyware on my computer, I cannot find the actual spyware itself to delete anywhere, can anyone help me on what to do? It also doesn't allow me to change my desktop, it's just white right now and I don't know what to do, thanks.

Advertisements

tmitch

tmitch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Download both Spybot an Adaware. Install them. Reboot into safe mode. Run Adaware in safe mode. After it finds problems and you delete them, run spybot in safe mode. Whatever you do do not click on anything on that page that pops up except the x on the top right to close it.

P.T.

P.T.

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello Void,

It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems. It might be worth your while to take a look Click here!! and read the Pinned: You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
Required steps before posting your log. Then post a Hijackthis log file. Please remember the helpers here are volunteers and the forum is very busy. It might take a little while for someone to look at your log file. Best of luck and welcome to GTG.

P.T.