Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM Booting Problems

• Please log in to reply

sokerball86

sokerball86

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I just got a 1gb stick of Corsair ValueSelect RAM in today, same brand, same speed as the 2 sticks that I had in the computer already. I stuck the stick into the empty RAM slot on the mobo, tried to boot, and get the DRAM error beep and no boot. I then pulled one of my 512s and put the 1gb in its place, still same problem. I then proceeded to try each stick separately in each slot on the mobo, but kept getting the DRAM error beep and no boot. Even the initial configuration didn't work. Any ideas? I have a tech support ticket in with Gigabyte to see what they say, but thought it wouldn't hurt to try for more responses while I wait. I have a feeling the RAM slots in the mobo went south for some reason.

Advertisements

sokerball86

sokerball86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
A little update: I have tried clearing CMOS, I also tried removing and replacing the CPU. Neither of those worked. Gigbyte is being incredibly slow about responding to me, does anyone have any suggestions about other things I could try?