Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infineon vs Samsung Memory

• Please log in to reply

superdan54

superdan54

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

I purchased some laptop memory (PC2100 2 X 512MB) from Ebay. The auction item clearly stated that the memory was Samsung. However, when I received the item, I found out that the memory was actually Infineon memory. Did I get ripped off, or quality-wise are they about the same?

thanks!

p.s. I ran MemTest on the new memory for 2 hours and it reported no errors.

Edited by superdan54, 10 May 2006 - 10:21 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Infineon is the #2 manufacturer of memory, selling more than the former #2 Hynex. Samsung is still the #1 memory maker. Samsung usually has slightly tighter timing on their memory. You still cant go wrong using Infineon memory. Side by side, performance wise, you really cant tell any difference between them. Some overclockers prefer the samsung.

SRX660

superdan54

superdan54

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to hear. You put my fears at ease! I don't think I'll be doing any overclocking on my laptop anyway, my Celeron processor overheats already like it is!