Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe 7.0 install problems

• Please log in to reply

Rich772005

Rich772005

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I can't uninstall Adobe Reader 7.0 from my pc. The program folder was accidentally deleted so I tried to reinstall adobe reader. When I execute the install program it gets about halfway thru and an error pos up saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU\)" I searched all over the web for this and found nothing. I then tried to uninstall Adobe fully from the Contol Panel option. When I execute the uninstall I get the same error and it won't let me uninstall the program. Is there a way to repair Adobe or can I manually uninstall it and reinstall the program? I have attached a screen shot of the errors and any assistance is appreciated.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Rich772005,

Run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner and then try the installation again.

Rich772005

Rich772005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I tried to use Regisrty Mechanic 3.0 and it did not fix the error with adobe. Is there another program you could recommend?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
CCleaner

Rich772005

Rich772005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK, I tried CCLEANER. It fixed alot of problems, but not the problem with adobe.

Rich772005

Rich772005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can I send an email with a screenshot of the error?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use search including hidden and system files, look for adobe, make sure you only delete the reader ones, reboot before emptying the recycle bin

Rich772005

Rich772005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I ran the search and deleted all adobe reader files. I keep getting an error when I try to uninstall that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available."

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Go to start>run and type regedit then press enter. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe and delete the "acrobat reader" key.
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe and delete the "acrobat reader" key also. then try to reinstall adobe reader.

Rich772005

Rich772005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
WHY CANT I POST AN ATTACHMENT
IT SAYS "TOTAL FILESPACE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD ALL THE ATTACHED FILES IS GREATER THAN YOUR POST OR GLOBAL LIMIT"
THE FILE I AM TRYING TO ATTACH IS 502 KB!!!