Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Fonts

• Please log in to reply

this is epic

this is epic

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, I was wondering if there was anyway to restore the default fonts? I just wanna have the fonts that were original installed on my machine. I have about 2500 fonts and its just getting to crazy to find one thats any good when im in photoshop so I wanna start over fresh. I'm trying to avoid going in there and deleting manually.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try using your Font Utility in Control Panel. Check the View menu at top and select to list fonts by similarity. See if that helps you to pick those you want to uninstall. Write down all the fonts you want to remove, i.e., ARIALN.TTF for Ariel Narrow. Just right-click on any font type and select properties to get font name that's installed. Then, if you want it deleted, right-click on the one you want deleted and select delete from menu.

Ron

this is epic

this is epic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
wait do the original fonts have the "O" as the icon?