Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using My Laptop As A Computer Screen?

• Please log in to reply

NintyFan

NintyFan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Okay about a week ago my screen broke :help:
and i work on my computer quite argently, the problem is i dont know how :blink:
I got my laptop and was wondering if I could get the computer screen apear on the laptop (as well)
if this is a possibilty can any one tell me how
Ty :whistling:

Advertisements

NintyFan

NintyFan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
P.s I have also got a cable which is connected to both the screen ports of my computer and laptop, if that makes any scence :whistling:

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Try this. :whistling:

http://www.maxivista.com/

I don't know how this works. I got this info. from a friend who uses it and says the performance is awesome.

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Can I use my laptop as the only monitor of my desktop PC?

MaxiVista allows mirroring the screen content of your other PC only after you logged into Windows. This is why you would need a physical monitor. Otherwise, you would have no visual access to the computer before logging in and at boot or DOS level

from FAQs @ http://www.maxivista.../faq.htm#laptop

So if I understand the above correctly, the answer to the original question seems to be no, not with this application. Interesting piece of software though, I'll keep it in mind.

Friedkiwi