Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with XP

• Please log in to reply

twinkiebeep

twinkiebeep

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To start, I am very computer illiterate when it comes to problems. I have an error message that keeps popping up about a problem with my "prutsct" file. I have no idea what this means, but my dad has an idea as to what it is. He says that I need to repair my XP, but my laptop only came with a "recovery and applications" cd and not a disk to repair XP. I am not sure how to repair the problem and any suggestions would be very useful! :tazz:

Advertisements

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Do you have a CD that reinstalls xp?

:Linux:

:Linux:

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi there,

there are 2 cds that come with Xp

systems recovery
applications recovery

systems recovery is basically used for formatting, i dont think we need to go this far until we get some more details

when does the error occur? on startup or at random? when did it start (ie something that occured in the past) for example

also, if your comuter is stil under warranty i believe you can just ask for a new recovery cd from the store you bought it (if you have the reciept) or better yet microsofts webpage.

please post and we will try to get to the botom of your problem as soon as we can =)

thanks,
matt