Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player 10

• Please log in to reply

Deej

Deej

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there, just installed a fresh copy of windows xp and windows media player 10.

The problem I am expiering is when i go to a website that has a music video in it, the video goes to full screen and totally locks out all the controls. I press alt+enter.. alt 1, esc, alt f4, the windows key... i press everything and nothing works. i see no mouse cursor.. i have to some out move the mouse without looking and try to magically click on something to bring it's attention to the front.. so the video is moved to the back. This is really bizarre and never seen anything like it, only on this computer.

It's a Sony pcv-rs620G

p4 3gz
521mb pc-3200 ram
160gb HD
16x dvd rom / burner
ati radeon 9200 128mb
giga pocket mpeg2 encoder / tv tuner
network card
modem
multimedia card readers

any help is much appreciated. thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open media 10 and click view then video size, tick the top two and set size to 50%

Deej

Deej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ya i tried that. i went to performace tab / advanced and enbaled full screen controls.. still didn't help.

i just talke to sony tech support and they said it's because both the digital and analog plugs from the LCD screen are plugged in, and they have had issues where media can only be played full screen and it blocks out controls.. and to take one of them out of the vid. card.

i will try this later..but does that sound reasonable resolution?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Could be, it won't take long to see

Deej

Deej

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
wow, it worked.. how odd is that.. lol