Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express asking for password

• Please log in to reply

suegy

suegy

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Every time I go to Outlook Express, another window pops up asking for my password. It didn't use to do that. I'm using Windows XP and Verizon DSL. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello suegy,

Go into tools > accounts > mail > double click your account > click servers > type in your password in the password box > tick remember password > click ok and close.

It should then not ask for a password.

suegy

suegy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I have done that exact thing numerous times - like every time I'm off the computer and get back on. It doesn't stay that way - it keeps reverting back to 127.0.0.1 for the incoming mail server. The outgoing mail server stays ok. I've had this problem before and never really got an answer, except I'm told that it has something to do with my anti-virus or Spam Killer from McAfee. Any other thoughts?

melzy58

melzy58

• Pip
  • 2 posts
That exacpt same thing is happening with me aswell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've not really had any experience with Spam Killer maybe you should contact Mcafee support.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Without the password does it allow you to change the Incoming server? Because 127.0.0.1 is your computers home address (which won't give you internet).

I have McAfee and it hasn't fooled with Thunderbird. Try out Thunderbird (it's free and can import your current contacts list) and see if that works (unless your deadset on using OE).

EDIT: Are you not using McAfee as your Anti-Virus? Just the SpamKiller?

Edited by BlackPandemic, 17 May 2006 - 08:42 AM.