Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need recommended Improvements

• Please log in to reply

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Hi. I need some help. I just bought this system and I would like some input if I should get any different parts to it to make it run even better.

I have a Dell XPS 600 Renegade Limited Edition with a Intel Pentium Extreme Edition clocked at 4.26GHz (OC @ 4.64GHz), a Nvidia GeForce SLI Quad 512MB 7900GTX (2GB total graphics memory, 4GB DDR2 total computer memory, 1,500GB hard drive with Raid 0 (performance), a Creative soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, Dual TV tuner, wireless gaming mouse/keyboard, 7.1 wireless surround sound speaker system+subwoofer, I have a DVD+Rewriteable, DVD R/RW, a DVD Lightscribe burner, and a CD Burner w/Ultra Speed in the first bay, In the second bay, I have a DVD player and CD burner, I have a floopy disc, 13-1 memory card reader, a Ageia Physx card, etc., etc. :blink:

Find out more at:

http://www.dell.com/...e/renegade.html :whistling:

I need help! :help: Please write back and give me useful info.

Thanks,
Anton

Edited by Anton1382, 14 May 2006 - 02:33 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First off, I may just be in a bad mood today but this post sounds more like "Look at my amazing computer because I have nothing else to spend my money on" more than, should I upgrade.

You'll be good until June/July when DX10 comes out and your SLI cards are outdated :help: :whistling:

On a side note, just compy grammar: 7.1 means 7 satellites and a woofer, you don't have to say woofer. And it's a floppy drive...not floopy :)

And I"m confused...do you just have a Combo DVD Burner in the first bay? That was like 4 different CD-drives in one bay :blink:

Edited by BlackPandemic, 12 May 2006 - 08:40 AM.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
yeah black pandemic all the posts that he has been posting sounds to me a bit like bragging.

and by the way anton your computer doesnt have DDR3 its only DDR2 there is no such thing as DDR3 for a motherboard as of yet only on grahics cards,

troppo

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
:whistling: :blink: :help: :) :) :D

Well Black Pandemic and Troppo summed it up really nicely.

I'd recommend some Software and updates :

Personal Growth upgrade v1.0

Attention Seeking hotfix v 8.9

With these you should get your life er computer running sweetly.

I hope your sense of humour is as big as your "desire to urgently have everyone help you to have the best PC in the world" and that you can laugh about this with us. Seriously though, don't be put off posting in this forum, you belong to it as much as anyone. But I think you get the idea what this forum is about.

Cheers mate

digikiwi

Edited by digikiwi, 14 May 2006 - 03:24 AM.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
haha dont forget
ego fix v 1.2

its fine to ask for help or upgrade options when upgrading but not just asking questions for your own personal satisfaction.
its great that you have a good computer and people are happy for you but when it becomes like bragging thats when people get turned away. and one time you do actually need help maybe people wont be as willing to help.
its fine that you post information and help but not if its only to show off and not actually help the person.
in some ways it seems like you are working for dell lol its like giving them free publicity lol
:whistling:

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Also an FYI: SLi'ing does not increase your video memory :whistling:.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
To what Fallout has said, I've been reading a lot of Anton's post and (sorry to say pal) you may have a kick [bleep] compy but your actual knowledge of electronics is low. So stay for learning, not bragging :whistling:

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Anton you got nothing to brag about. if you've gotten any of this Pc then you would've had a reason to brag
http://blog.wired.co...index.album?i=1

Anton1382

Anton1382

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I do have this PC. I am sick of this, people saying I don't really have this PC, well, I do and I know it sounds wierd that you actually met someone that got this PC, BUT I DID :whistling: :blink:

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I don't say you don't have the PC. I know you have the PC and its a nice PC but you dont have to brag about it.
I can buy that PC if i want to but i wolud buy a car instead.

Edited by memberix, 14 May 2006 - 07:07 PM.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Sorry multiple postings

Edited by memberix, 14 May 2006 - 07:05 PM.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Sorry multiple postings

Edited by memberix, 14 May 2006 - 07:06 PM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I would spend it on my girlfriend, take her to nice places ya know :whistling:?