Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Taskbar Won't Change

• Please log in to reply

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello.. I am currently New to This Fourm. But anyways let me throw right to the point. A while Back I got a spysherif :whistling: I cleaned out everything. But.. ever since then, I get really weird Messages, and I think this might be the case for my Taskbar. Just so you know the Error is "C:\Windows\System32\Insfproc.exe" It pop's up saying I have a microsoft C++ Error. And I have never heard of Insfproc.exe. I've even try searching for it on the internet I get with nothing.

But anywho, the real reason why I am here is for my Taskbar, awhile Back I was fourm Jumping, to fix my taskbar. I come up with great great Advice. I went to Kelly's tweaks.. and got that resource Zip, to replace all my Luna Files. And the Shell Files. Well, as I did replace all those files, I restarted and still no Go.. But then I realized the Lunamsstyle something about it. The LunaMsstlye that was in the package was modified in August 2001 7:00am. And my old file was Modified in August 2004 11:32pm. Well When I would replace the "Uncorrupted File " The one that was in the Zip, which was August 2001 7:00am Modified Luna file. It would be replaced with the Old August2004 11:32pm. Everytime, I try to replace the old Luna file with the New one.. The Old one would just replace it's self.

This is really becoming a annoyance, I think this Insfproc.exe may have something to do with it. But I have tryed all I can do.. And that Infsproc.exe I will type it in run. C:\Windows\System32\Insfproc.exe. I get an Error saying.. "I cannot access the specfied device or path or file. you May not have apporiate Premissions to this Item" I've tryed looking it mannaully instead of Jumping to it through run, Still no go.. Or no Find.

I come to you guys for Help. Any advice will be excellent Thank you guys

Shimi

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it sounds to me like you did not get everything when cleaning the malware (as a start)

Please visit our malware forum, follow the instructions at the top, then come back to this thread if that does not clear it up

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hmm, I did all that, and it hasn't found anything.. I don't know what's wrong.. Any other Suggestions ?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You did all that, including the part about posting the hijack log? I cannot see it anywhere in the malware forum

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh Whoops , sorry forgot to Copy paste it. Here you go:

EDIT--REMOVED HIJACKTHIS LOG

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please DO NOT POST hijackthis logs in this forum -- I asked if you had posted it there.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
lets try a slightly different approach

Download and install the following.

It is the royal theme from Windows XP Media Edition

After installation, reboot does that one work properly?

Attached Files

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
:whistling: No.. It didn't, Someone tryed this attempt with me only using a diffrent kind I belive it was called Thallos. But no It didn't, It's okay with your premission, I can throw you a image on what were dealing with.. But to give you a mental Picture

All my head bars are xp style, buttons and everything. Except my taskbar it stays as windows classic....

This was a goood atempt but I guess were going to have to find something else, But I really do Belive it has to do with that Blasted.. Luna File. The old one always replaces it's self. I've tryed a program called Delete at reboot, and it still came back.. There must be a red flag somewhere.. a file that is doing that. I've even ran a scan on that Lunamstyles but nothing was found. But there has to be some sort of bug doing this, and none of the spyware downloads I have to wipe out spyware has found it.

Shimi

Edited by ShimiZaki, 12 May 2006 - 04:02 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you right click the desktop, choose THEMES and choose ROYAL?

Also, right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose PERFORMANCE, choose ADJUST FOR BEST APPEARANCE

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yes sir, that's what I did, and acctually a Friend of mine , told me to do the adjust for best apperance... but still no go... I'm not sure.. if this is even fixable anymore.. Anyother Ideas ?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
are you still getting that error regarding Insfproc.exe?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
also
start > run
regedit
<enter>

navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

right click the POLICIES FOLDER, choose EXPORT, put it on your desktop, then zip it up and attach to your next post

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
There you go.. :whistling:

Oh Yes , I am still getting that insfproc.exe error, the only really time I get it is, when I am running a Virus/Spyware scan, or before I shut down or restart, I get an error saying

Insfproc.exe/dll

Attached Files

Edited by ShimiZaki, 12 May 2006 - 05:19 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download, extract and double click the following....reboot

still the same?

If so, attach a screen shot

Attached Files

• Attached File  reg2.zip   550bytes   152 downloads

ShimiZaki

ShimiZaki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Okay, I really wish this was the solution to all are problems, but Still nothing. :whistling:

Here is a screenshot of that blasted Error

Posted Image