Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Clicks By Itself. HELP ME PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

MrChristopher

MrChristopher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a big issue I'm having with this Toshiba S-311 laptop I purchased via Ebay. I've never seen this issue before and it's very annoying. I'll be on a page where I'll be typing (just like I am now) and the cursor will change positions as if I've clicked the mouse. It just now happened to me as I'm typing this and the cursor was at the start of this paragraph and it clicked there and when I looked up, some of the words from this sentence were at the beginning of the paragraph. When I fill out forms, it'll click into another field other than what I'm typing. If it's resting over the Submit button, it will activate it. It's gotten to a point where I have to disable the mouse when I'm filling out forms or typing because it'll switch positions to another part of the page or submit the page before I'm done typing. It's very annoying.

It has the proper driver for the touchpad, but I'm using a Targus Laser mouse because I hate touchpads and nubs. But it doesn't matter if it's the touchpad or an external mouse. It will do it regardless of what I'm using. No adware or malware that I know of is on this system and here's my Hijack log file. Any ideas how to resolve this problem? I searched on Google for "mouse clicks by itself" (with the quotes) and it links to this website, but I haven't been able to find the fix or resolution. Please help. This is driving me insane. Especially since I'm a two finger typer. I'll look up and half of what I wrote has been typed somewhere else on the screen and I just can't handle it anymore. Oh and I did remove the "YourSiteBar" listing in the HiJack file below when I saw it. I like the Google Toolbar, so that stays. HELLLLP!

EDIT_REMOVED HIJACKTHIS log

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please do not post hijack logs in THIS forum unless you are asked to do so

Turn down the sensitivity to the touchpad, or turn it off. Does that make a difference?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Just before erasing the log file, I notice you are infected with the ist tool bar

This is a nasty piece of malware

Please visit the malware forum for assistance on removing this (it is one of the more difficult ones)

MrChristopher

MrChristopher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Unfortunately the mouse doesn't have any sensitivity settings for some reason. However, for the past couple of hours I have turned off the mouse altogether which disables the touchpad. But it does NOT disable the USB mouse. It's one combination I hadn't yet tried. So far I haven't had any issues with the "auto-clicking", so it definitely must be occurring with the touchpad. This is one of the first times that I've been able to type a long message without the mouse cursor changing positions on me, so considering that I don't like to use the touchad anyway, this may be an acceptable workaround.

As far as the ist menu bar, I didn't even see that so thank you so much for the heads up. But I know that out of all of the software packages that are out there, only Ewido has successfully removed these malware instances without having any problems. I hadn't even heard of it until 2 days ago when someone suggested it to me and it was able to successfully remove a Trojan dropper virus that EZ-Armor, Norton, AVG, and Ad-Aware all choked on. It definitely made me a believer and I would suggest people checking out for most malware issues and best of all it was free (for 14 days anyway or you can just do unlimited online scans). I'll let you know if it tackles this ist menu one. Does anyone have any experience with this Ewido program? I'm shocked at how thorough it is. But don't use it unless Geeks To Go says it's ok! :whistling: It worked for me though.

And sorry about the Hijack post. I wasn't aware of that rule. I'll run the Ewido program and let you know if it conquers that malware.

Edited by MrChristopher, 12 May 2006 - 02:01 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
if you install the touchpad drivers, there should be a touchpad tab under mouse in control panel

there should be a sensitivity setting there.

Windows will use the touchpad without a special driver, but it has a default sensitivity setting that will pick up vibrations from typing