Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with wallpaper/music icons/regi

• Please log in to reply

Wei

Wei

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Alrighty, i have a number of problems and ill try and explain them as best i can.

first off, i use windows xp 64!

My first problem would be that the wallpaper on my computer seems like it doesnt want to load. this just happened suddenly after i didnt have a wallpaper for a while and when i decided to put one. it stayed black. when i go into properties > desktop > background and try and choose one, they dont come up in the preview box, i can only put plain colours and the "Windows XP" Background.

Second problem, my music icons look like this:
http://img142.images...ingicons9ob.jpg
They should be looking like the winamp icon, winamp is set as the default player, ive tried changing the default player to itunes/windows media player but they still stay the same, i can double click on them and they will open the player, its just the icons that are broken.

Third problem is with my registery, a while ago a friend of mine told me to type something into run so that i cant double click on pictures to open them up, he said to do this because of a virus going around or something, now months later i regret doing this because it is really annoying not being able to open pictures on my computer!

Ive just ran a heap of virus scans etc and it seems clean to me.

thank you for your time and help!

Advertisements