Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Default Beep Sound on Startup

• Please log in to reply

Marotta1

Marotta1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've been wondering about this for a long time. When I start/turn on my computer, I hear a series of about 4-6 Windows Default Beep sounds after the welcome screen leaves and the Windows startup music has played. What could be the cause of this?

Does it have something to do with old uninstalled programs (or old registry keys or prefetch files) trying to load or something along those lines?

How can I find out what is causing this and troubleshoot it?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
To start off simple, go to the Control Panel and select the Windows default sound scheme, click apply, reboot and see if the problem reoccurs.

Johanna

Marotta1

Marotta1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi Johanna,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed it back to the Windows default sound scheme, and it still does it. I have been cleaning some junk off my computer all day though (old programs, obsolete registry entries, old uneeded prefetch files, temp files, etc.) and it's down to 2 beeps now.