Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hrh2.exe ...What is it and why is it hogging resources?

• Please log in to reply

jeremyjadams

jeremyjadams

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hrh2.exe is running in two instances on my PC and using near 100% of cpu. I recently found this forum and went through everything on the post that says "start here". Found lots of garbage and kept running new scans until they found nothing new. That was about two weeks ago and now my CP was running really slow and I found two instances of hrh2.exe running. I searched yahoo and google and this site and found nothing. So... I don't want to end em until I know what they are... I will start running new scans, I just was wondering if anyone knew what they were. I also searched my C: to at least find out where it was running from... couldn't find it anywhere. Not a good sign I think.
TIA
jeremy

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi jeremyjadams...

Not a good sign, indeed...

When you are done running all the preliminary scans in the Malware Forum, post a HiJackThis log there for the experts to help you with. They are among the best on the net at rooting out the nasties... :whistling:

wannabe1