Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word 2000 viewing problem

• Please log in to reply

kjmom57

kjmom57

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
My sister who is not computer literate AT ALL and is 1500 miles away from me calls and asks for help on Word 2000 documents all the time. Recently she was apparently pointing and clicking like a madwoman and now she can only see 1/2 page at a time in her documents. What could she have done and how do I tell her to fix it? She can still scroll of course to see the rest of the document but needs to see the whole page.
Thanks.

Christy

Advertisements

Mr. Ed.

Mr. Ed.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Tell your sister to open a file which she had saved before having that problem (that is, a file that she remeber viewing without problems), then erase the previously written text and write whatever you what to write and Save again with a different name (Don't click Save, because that will erase the previously saved version; click Save as so at you can save it with a different name).

That might re-configure her Word view options.

Good luck

kjmom57

kjmom57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
It seems to have worked...thanks so much.