Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Device detected

• Please log in to reply

alvinc77

alvinc77

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had some trouble last week with my laptop failing to recognise the system speakers. I tries reloading the drivers, testing volume options etc

In the Hardware Devices section i have notices a yellow exclamation mark next to the Microsoft WinMM WDM Audio Compatability Driver. Double Clicking on this brings:

'A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Under the system devices, speakers, no driver is detected. I have the system recovery CD and a CD with the original drivers.

Apart from uninstalling it and re installing it, Any further thoughts. I've tried it 3 times

Thanks

Advertisements

alvinc77

alvinc77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Under System devices, General, The message is there are no devices installed. Under driver details the message is that no driver has been installed or is required for this device.

Under details:
Device instance ID
ACPI\PNP0800\4&1D6F7EAE&0

alvinc77

alvinc77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
On Attempting to play a CD in Windows Media this message comes up
C00D11BA: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that might be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.
Your sound device requires an updated driver. To determine if an updated driver is available, see the Windows Update Web page at the Microsoft Web site, or see the sound device manufacturer's Web site.
The selected sound device does not support Secure Audio Path (SAP). If you have multiple sound devices installed on your computer, try using a different one.
Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation.
You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again.
To use a different sound device
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab.
Double-click Speakers, and in Audio device to use, click a different device.
Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000

no other programs are in use