Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Lost Volume Control

• Please log in to reply

Tev_Dodd

Tev_Dodd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I lost my volume control and went to the Live Chat and working with them could not get this fixed, they told me to uncheck something, so I did, then when I tried to re-check it, it said something about not being installed, then we looked for some file and it told me to add some hardware something which I do not know how to do, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S. I am not high knowledge on computer big words, so please keep as simple as you can.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Tev_Dodd! Welcome to G2G!

Please download the attached files sndvol32.zip and save it to your desktop. Once downloaded, locate the file on your desktop and extract the sndvol32.exe inside of it to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. Once it's extracted, go back to SOUND & AUDIO DEVICES in the CONTROL PANEL and try again to check the box to show the volume icon in the system tray. It should work this time.

Fenor

Attached Files