Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Elitebar and Searchmiracle Help

• Please log in to reply

russaur

russaur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I actually have several problems that I could sure use some help with. Always before I have relied on Norton Antivirus I pay the yearly fee and it has never ever let me down. It is not uncommon for Norton to be unable to delete files that it finds and I have become used to deleting them manually using explorer to locate the little buggers and eradicate them however my norton scan keeps turning up four files and giving locations of those files that my computer can't seem to find. The path names seem logical enough but I can't get to them even using Search for files and folders. Neither of these programs are Uber viruses or anything of the nature and if fact all four files only represent two problems. 1) is an old program for diablo 2 that would steal all your items and drop them on the ground (i'm pretty sure it didn't even work) it is noticed by norton as a Joke program 2) the other is a stupid annoying spyware/adware called miraclesearch and elitebar. I am concerned because the instructions on the norton website lead to registry locations that don't exist on my computer and the explorer instructions lead to places that don't exist either. My first question is what is wrong with me or my norton (most likely me) that would allow files to be hidden from me(i have explorer set to read hidden files and folders). Then secondly I need someone to look at my hijack scan so that they can tell me which keys to delete to get rid of this annoying as elitesearch and miracle bar. below is my hijack this scan

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:56:21 PM, on 3/7/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2F1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\RemoteControl\RCMan.EXE
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXE
C:\spywareownage\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\interMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\spywareownage\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] c:\Program Files\HP\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBDrvDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\SB Drive Det\SBDrvDet.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchUpgrader] C:\Program Files\Common files\SearchUpgrader\SearchUpgrader.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo R300 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2F1.EXE /P30 "EPSON Stylus Photo R300 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus Photo R300"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú] C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Openwares LiveUpdate] C:\Program Files\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [antiware] C:\windows\system32\elitebfv32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RemoteCenter] C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\RemoteControl\RCMan.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SB Audigy 2 Startup Menu] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Program\Startup Menu\ChkColor.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winset16] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winset32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú] C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI DeviceDetect] C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\spywareownage\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: PopSubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\sdie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Enqueue in Star Downloader - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\sdieenq.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Leech with Star Downloader - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\leechie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {AFC3FA82-AD07-45cd-8B57-983435B9899E} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.s...sa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...sa/SymAData.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

PLZZZZZZZZZZ help me and thank you in advance

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hi russaur and welcome to the GTG forums. I apologize for not getting to your request sooner but we are all volunteers here and things have been very busy.

I am presently reviewing your log and will respond back to you as quickly as I can.

OT

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hello again russaur. After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps.

Step #1

Please download CWShredder from the following link:CWShredder
Create a new folder and unzip the file you just downloaded into that folder. Make sure that all browser windows are closed, start CWShredder and choose FIX.

Reboot your computer.

Step #2

Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us10.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchUpgrader] C:\Program Files\Common files\SearchUpgrader\SearchUpgrader.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú] C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [antiware] C:\windows\system32\elitebfv32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winset16] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winset32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú] C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {AFC3FA82-AD07-45cd-8B57-983435B9899E} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -

Optional items to check with HijackThis for improved performance.
Automatic updates for ViewPoint products such as ViewPoint Media Player (as bundled with AOL, AOL Instant Messenger, Compuserve, etc) Recommended to check here and remove with Add/Remove Programs.O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.

Step #3

We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.
Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\ <--folder
C:\Program Files\Common files\SearchUpgrader\ <--folder
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\ <--folder (if you chose to remove it)
C:\windows\system32\elitebfv32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winset32.exe

These 2 entries:C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú
C:\WINDOWS\³  ¼…žø5؇«˜9hþz±]o9/JgaÒ²bú

look like they might have been a part of an HP printer installation but are now corrupt. You can look for them and try to delete them but I do not believe you will be able to. If you cannot delete them then try to remove these files try running ScanDisk by following these directions:
  • Click Start
  • Click My Computer
  • Right-click on the C: drive and then click on Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Click on the Check Now button in the Error Checking area
  • Let the scan run and complete and then close everything out
Step #4

OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Post your new log file back here using the Add Reply button and I will review it when it comes in.

OT