Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spybot Makes My CPU Fan Go Slower

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

When I ran spybot - search and destroy everything was fine. Next thing is the CPU fan noise drops while half way through looking for problems.

Near the end of the detection the fan gets really loud until it has finished and then the fan returns to normal.

Anyone know what is causing this? :whistling:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
It just sounds like your computer kind of went to idle in the middle then had to speed up to load the end of the program. Unless you hear the fan dipping out in the middle of games, or high intensity graphics programs, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey,

I was playing Battle For Middle Earth on my pc not long ago and the CPU fan went lower. Dont know why tho

Cheers :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The fans increase and decrease all the time whether you hear it or not. It's just reacting to the load of the CPU (I'm pretty sure).

So honestly, in my opinion, unless you wanna dish out money for a new CPU fan (if you do get a Zalman), then I'd say just don't worry about it.

(My case has 5 fans: 1 side, 1 front intake, 2 rear exhaust, and one top exhaust so I can rarely hear my CPU and video card fans, but in my old compy, I know that they fluxuated depending on what was happening).